Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jónsi at the Vic

My friend Luke has been doing a radio show called "Abstract Science" in Chicago for ten years. Free music and concert tickets are some of the perks to having your own radio show. I got to be the '+' in the '1+' pass he had for Jónsi tonight, which was awesome since the concert was sold out and I had really really wanted see it.

Last time I saw Sigur Ros, it was like a two-hour long lullaby, creating a lush dreamscape of sound. Jónsi solo was equally dreamy, but a fairytale-like innocence and light airiness danced over the upbeat rhythms, leaving me completely energized at the end of the night instead of wanting to be gently rocked to sleep. And the backdrop projections were an amazing addition to the already ethereal music. Read more about them here and take a little look at the incredible show below:

jónsi - sinking friendships (live) from Jónsi on Vimeo.


Thanks Luke! It was an awesome show.

No comments: