Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Defeated



For the last two months, I have been training and working as a case manager at a call center. I thought it would be good for me and would teach me to be a bit more assertive. But apologizing for situations that I did not cause and getting yelled at for things that are out of my control and that I cannot change on a daily basis is more than I can handle. I have lived that life before. It deadens your spirit. Two and a half years ago I made the very difficult decision to leave it behind for good and nine months ago I set out on a journey to reawaken my spirit.

Working at the call center is hitting a little too close to home for me. I feel the spirit I have been working so hard at rebuilding retreat with each passing day, with each angry phone call. And so I have made another difficult decision and I have put in my resignation at the call center. It may not be the smartest decision to quit before I have another job lined up, but I believe it is the best decision. I deserve better. The spirit that was broken years ago deserves better. And being able to admit that tells me I have grown so much in the last two and a half years and that my spirit is not only still alive but is fighting mightily to be heard.

No comments: