Thursday, July 14, 2011

No Age: 1, Explosions in the Sky: 0

Holding true to my statistical theory that 90% of the concerts I go to, the opening act will be better than the headliner, I give you No Age opening for Explosions in the Sky.



A friend turned me on to No Age about a year ago and they were a main staple of my cross country road trip this spring -- especially this song:


I have missed seeing them twice already in other locations, so I was really excited to see they were coming to town. And they rocked. They rocked hard and I was really pumped at the end of their set.

And then came Explosions in the Sky. I wasn't expecting much as I had mainly come for No Age and my only real experience with Explosions in the Sky was to use them as a soundtrack to fall asleep to. And put me to sleep they just about did.


They look like they are rocking out in this picture, but don't let the photo fool you. In reality, they are standing with their legs spread widely acting like they are rocking, but actually just swaying back and forth to the sound of their own droll, repetitive nonsense and managing to bore the lucid part of the audience to death while doing so.

No Age rocked. Explosions in the Sky did not. Mark another up for the opening act.

No comments: