Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

After a few nearly unintelligible phone calls this morning and waiting for four hours in the lobby of a hotel in clothes that now reek, I finally managed to get my luggage this afternoon. During the wait, a very cheeky young Irishman I'd met the night before staggered in, apparently having only rolled in from last night's festivities at 7 AM. And after he'd slept off some of those festivities and I'd had time to shower and change after getting my luggage, he drove some of us from the TEFL school I will be attending in a few days time to one of the beaches on the southern part of the island.


Again, I cannot believe I am on a beach, in Thailand, on New Years. The only thing that would make this more fantastic is if I hadn't spent the last two weeks stuffing myself with culinary delights in Australia. Bikinis are not very forgiving.



Sunset at Nai Yang. Breath-taking. Thanks for the ride Conor.

No comments: