Thursday, December 30, 2010

Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo (then Phuket via Brisbane via Sydney)

The warm weather has finally come and yesterday Mauzi, Jack, Isobel and I headed down to St. Kilda to enjoy the sun. I am still not feeling 100% and yesterday was still wearing my jacket long after everyone else had stripped down to short sleeves and tank tops. And, despite having no appetite, managed to feast on sushi and edamame to the point of bursting, then still had room for gelato after taking in some sunshine and an ocean breeze.


And now today is my last day in Melbourne before leaving for Thailand.


Jack and I took Isobel to the zoo with Steve and Helena and the twins before heading to the airport.


It is even warmer today than yesterday and everyone is having trouble eating their ice cream in a timely fashion.


Now if that doesn't say summertime, I don't know what does.



As always, visits to Melbourne end too quickly. And now I have a plane to catch in an hour to Sydney where in another two hours I have a plane to catch to Brisbane where I have a ten-hour layover before my flight to Phuket. I am already exhuasting writing about it and my journey hasn't even started yet.

No comments: