Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas and Thanks for the Skipping Rope!

So Christmas morning has come, and along with this awesome balance bike and few other cool things, Santa brought Isobel her most coveted gift, a skipping rope (surprise, surprise).



I don't know why none of us thought to take pictures or video, because honestly, it was precious. She ripped through the wrapping paper and held it up triumphantly. "A skipping rope!" she proclaimed. Just as I had hoped, she did not even notice it was a crappy little dollar store skipping rope of inferior quality.

Jack: "Isobel, do you know how to use a skipping rope?"
Isobel: "Yes."
Jack: "Show me what you do with a skipping rope."

She grabbed both handles of the rope, held them tightly straight out in front of her and started jump up and down saying "Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!" while still holding the rope tightly in front of her. No skipping, no swinging a rope. Just jumping with a rope in hand. I guess in her mind, a skipping rope is just a rope you hold on to while jumping. Extremely cute.

Our plans for a Christmas day barbecue on the beach have been foiled by the weather. It is still extremely cold and I have bought another sweater because I have been circling through the same two sweaters and two pairs of jeans since I've been here. I've even been wearing tights under my pants. I don't think anyone expected it to be such a cold Christmas.

So instead of Christmas on the beach, we having a very merry little celebration at my sister-in-law's parent's house where Grandpa Seamus taught Isobel how to properly use a skipping rope (much to our disappoint, it was much cuter the other way) and a very special guest came to visit right when Uncle Cahil disappeared:
(photo credit to Jack)

Merry Christmas to all my friends and family back home!

No comments: