Saturday, December 11, 2010

Handel's Messiah at the Opera House

There she is, the Sydney Opera House!
Funny, I remember her being bigger.


Things I love:
a) Modern architecture.
b) Classical music.
c) Large bodies of water and inspiring places from which to soak them in.

What could possibly not be perfect about today?

Up close and personal with Jørn Utzon's masterpiece (which incidently, he never saw finished).

Picked up my tickets and heading upstairs. Sooooo excited!

The lobby is like a modern day cathedral. I would worship here. But not right now, I have a concert to get to.

And what a concert it was. Have you ever heard a 300-person chorus sing Handel's Messiah? I have. And it was like have a wall of sound hit you in the face. Awesome. Completely-and-absolutely-awesome. And check out that Art Deco Gotham City-looking pipe organ -- it totally looks like Bruce Wayne commissioned it for Wayne Manor. Have I mentioned I'm a complete pipe organ nerd? I will absolutely have to come back some day to hear a Bach fugue played on that monster. It's gorgeous!!!

Yep, it's been a pretty good day. And this Opera House?...

Yeah, I think she's a keeper.

No comments: